Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Metacognitive Blog

Looking back, this semester (month) has been the hardest thing I have ever done. Normally I have no problem keeping up in classes, however, working almost 35 hours a week, doing an unpaid internship and helping Verbus with his new company (including making a website, designing course materials, marketing, etc) has taken away some of the attention I would have liked to give this class

However, that's not to say I didn't learn anything. In fact, teaching the course with Verbus while in this course gave me a real world project that I could have never gotten just by taking this class by itself. Easily I have learned more from this class than I have my entire time in TSTM. 444 really didn't mean much to me - I never really saw how it was relevant. However, this course, combined with the teaching I did, helped to bring it all together. A good example is after I first learned about the design cycle I thought "Who cares?"... I do all of this stuff anyways without thinking about it. It wasn't until I started with my class design that I realized that breaking this stuff down, while it may add more work, is essential if you want to provide a good course.

I've also enjoyed working with my classmates on this. There have been many classes I've taken where I felt like I was surrounded by idiots. Not this class - it was a pretty smart group. The discussions we had in class and online were very beneficial to everyone's learning I think

So, thank you Dr. Keane, and everyone else in the class. I graduate in 38 days (but who's counting?) and its been a fun ride. Thank you to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment