Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blog 5: Evaluation

In part 4 we have started to learn about different forms of evaluation. In the course I taught last week, I used these techniques throughout the course

Technically the entire class was a form of formative evaluation - it was a pilot course. After the first day we knew the style in which we prepared to teach would not work for this course. We had prepared to lecture for the first half (first 3 hours) and do hands on the next 3. I knew this wouldn't be a good idea, but the other instructor insisted on it so I let him find it out for himself. We mixed it up a little bit for the remaining days, but I still feel we were a little too lecture heavy

For the summative evaluation, we had the group provide us with written feedback (we really should have done evaluation similar to how USC does it). We took this feedback and made changes to the course. One thing that was repeatedly stated was that we needed some form of lab sheets, as I had done on the last day. We will implement those on all days of the actual course.

No comments:

Post a Comment